Casually Romancing

 

Thank you to my dear friend Poushali that I got inspired to write at this hour of the night.  Just sometime back we spoke over the call for almost two hours as I worked and then walked in the rain and guess what we spoke about? Romance. And now as I'm writing this, I must say the musky smell of the rain, the sound of the pouring rain and Back to Black playing in my room has kind of taken a toll over my mood. It's all pleasant and that's all that's important.

So she asked me something very interesting which I'd like everybody reading to think about. What is romance for you? Pause for a while and think about it. Can't the concept of romance broaden more and more apart from it existing just between two individuals? Of course that is romantic too but to all those romantics out there; don't we understand romance on a different level? 

What my reply was was that romance to me is a state and a state driven by our egos (in lay man's term, when we want what we want) allowing us to tap into our emotions completely and mixing it with our imagination and the desires produced by our egoistical-selves. Too complex? Well, I do have an obsessive compulsive habit to use complexity for expressing. Pardon me for that and bear with me a little because trust me, this can let you seep into a state of romance if you just let it. 

Romance to me is an escape from the societal reality. Yes, "societal" reality; the reality that we're taught to believe in and which is moderated by our Id and Superego; what we call being conscious. Also because I believe even though all of us share some kind of common reality but certain parts of it still differs, the part we call perceptions. So you see, you can create your own reality too. Interestingly, now I notice how I'm digressing from the topic but I'm sure it's insightful too.

On asking my friend what her perceptions were, she spoke about the romance between a man and a woman and she said something that we'd all relate to, which is that there's nothing more romantic than when your eyes meet and it gets locked from afar. I'm guessing locked is the right word to use but you get what I'm trying to say, don't you? And maaan! What is more sexier than a man smiling from his eyes while this pupils dilate and grow; all just for you? Damn! I had lost myself there for a minute :p but yea, can be a woman too. Picture it in your head for once, imagine them looking at you with a seductive glare and yes, a glare not a stare because stares are vacant but glares are not. Now imagine their pupils growing but their eye lids shrinking in a way that it seems like it's doing that only so it can cut off from anything around but to just focus on you and your eyes. So you see how the eyes speak really? Or is it just us romantics?

Now tell me, did I make you desire for something like this? Did I just make you imagine something or maybe about someone? Did It make you feel something?
Well, that's it. That's exactly what romance is, atleast to me.  Explore your kinda romance too. ;)


Comments

  1. Amazingly written! And yeah I could picture someone!❤😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment