Erroneously In Love.


                ERRONEOUSLY IN LOVE.




‘Love.’

A four letter word just as it seems

But a hell lot of confusion it means.

Can happen once, can happen twice

And as many times as one wants till demise.

Not as sweet as it sounds

Not as strong as it bounds.

Once met with this lustful accident,

Not long ago that I didn’t know what it meant

Till I broke his heart 

And we didn’t know how to part. 

Attachments it left behind and memories to weep too

If only I could rewind time and be there at his rescue.

A hundred apologies would also mean void now

But could he not just for once a sorry allow?

If only I had known how this would turn out to be

I swear I would have never given him all those hopes of glee.

My feelings though were never less than what I had said 

But now here I am putting it down with lead.

I know it’s hard to trust me after all that he has incurred

But this hope is a witless thing that gets me yet unturned.


This poem is a repost of one of my previous works published in a different site. Here's the link to visit the site: https://www.launchora.com/story/erroneously-in-love






Comments

Post a Comment